“Having been a partner in a large insurance defense firm, I know the tactics insurance companies use. We get the BEST results for our clients.”
Accidents are heartbreaking . Careless or just accidental- Injuries can devastate your health and finances: When you are hurt or injured or when you have a car, motorcycle, pedestrian, truck accident in Rhode Island you need a lawyer to get you back on your feet.
Your medical bills are paid after your case is settled or you win in Court. Call attorney Healy at 401-721-2260
1. Stay at the Scene of a Car Accident, Truck Accident, Motorcycle Accident or Pedestrian Accident Never leave the accident scene until it’s appropriate to do so. If you leave, particularly where someone has sustained injuries or was killed, you can face serious criminal penalties for being a hit-and-run driver.
2. Check on All Drivers and Passengers Before assessing property damage, make sure everyone involved in the accident is okay. Get medical attention for anyone who needs it. If a person is unconscious or has neck or back pain, don’t move them until qualified medical help arrives, unless a hazard requires moving the person.
4. Exchange Information DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Get the following information: names, , phone numbers, addresses, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, name of insurance company,If there are passengers, also obtain their names, numbers, and addresses
5. Talk to Witnesses Ask witnesses what he or she saw. 1.Get their names, 2. License Plate, 3. phone numbers 4. addresses. Ask locals if they’ve ever witnessed other accidents in the same place. Do not rely on police officers to do this for you. They are busy and not obligated to do this..
6. Inform Your Insurance Company Promptly tell your insurance company you’ve been in an accident. Cooperate with them and tell them the truth about what happened and the extent of your injuries. Explain the facts clearly. If the insurance company finds out that you’ve lied to them about anything, you can get into serious trouble, including possible denial of coverage for the accident. Obtain and review any police report filed, so you can point out who broke what traffic laws or who was at fault.
7. Keep Track of Your Medical Treatment Note any doctors, physical therapists, chiropractors, or other medical professionals that you receive treatment from, and each medical provider that referred you to other caregivers. Give a detailed account of the treatments or medications you receive to your Attorney. Your attorney will request copies of all medical reports and bills as these help you prove your medical expenses later.Your medical bills are paid out of the proceeds of your case after the case is settled or you win in Court.
Medical expenses are relatively easy to document, but pain and suffering is trickier to prove. Keep a record of how your injuries have impacted your daily life. Include any missed workdays, list any routine activities you can’t undertake, and describe how the injuries have affected your family life.
9. Get a Property Damage Valuation Obtain your insurance company’s damage valuation. If you aren’t satisfied with how your insurance company has valued your vehicle, don’t give up. Get two independent repair estimates or replacement quotes. Assertively inform the adjuster of your concerns. If you can’t agree on your car’s value, consider mediation or consult an attorney.
10. Use Caution in Discussing the Incident Don’t talk to anyone about the accident other than your lawyer, your insurance company, and the police. Don’t talk to a representative of another insurance company, without the knowledge of your attorney or insurer. If called by the other insurance company, be polite, but ask them to call your attorney or insurer to arrange an interview. Also, tell your lawyer or insurer about the call.
Few cases reach a Courtroom BUT attorney Healy is ready to take your case “all the way to Trial”. Insurance Companies know attorney Healy is ready to fight for you. Attorney Healy’s approach to injury and accident cases is aggressive and effective. When you are hurt or injured or when you have a car, motorcycle, pedestrian, truck accident in Rhode Island you need a lawyer to get fair insurance or accident compensation. 401-721-2260
Your medical bills are paid out of the proceeds of your case after the case is settled or you win in Court.