NOTE: You do not pay for legal representation in a Workers Compensation case. 401-721-2260
Injuries can and do happen. I represented workers suffering from physical and psychological injuries.
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), Injuries to joints, Repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel, Respiratory injuries like Silicosis, Back and neck injuries such as herniated discs, Acute injuries to shoulders and knees such as ligament tears and strains, Non-traumatic occupational injuries, such as, post traumatic stress, Workplace violence, Repetitive Motion, Machinery Accidents, Slip or Trip and Falls.
THESE ARE YOUR RIGHTS
- Reasonable medical bills have to be paid, AND you have to be paid for scarring and loss of use even if you did not miss any time from work.
- You may be required to be examined by a Doctor of your employer’s insurance company’s choosing.
- You are entitled to use an attorney. NEVER SIGN ANYTHING WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR ATTORNEY 401-721-2260
- Legal fees are usually paid by the insurance company or your employer.
- USE YOUR OWN DOCTOR Never use the Doctor your employer suggests.
- You are entitled to weekly compensation checks of 75% of your adjusted weekly net pay.
- You may be able to be reinstated to your old job. Your employer is also responsible for your rehabilitation and reinstatement.
- You are entitled to benefits if you miss 3 days or more from work. It is your employer’s responsibility to report your injury to the Insurance Company. Call 401-721-2260
- You should ONLY talk to your Lawyer about your case 401-721-2260
“As both an attorney at law and a proctor admiralty, I am able to serve a broad range of clients.” Construction workers, Longshore and Ship workers, Nurses, aides and health care workers, Psychological injury claims, Undocumented workers, Warehouse, factory, industrial, office workers and Professionals, Employment contracts.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS:
Individuals and Union Representatives should
- Report the injury immediately to your supervisor or union representative.
- Fill out all forms required by your employer and be clear about what happened.
- Get immediate medical treatment from your own Doctor.
- Get copies of all documents from:
- From Your Employer
- From Their insurance company/Department of Labor and Training
- From Your Doctor
Your employer’s insurance company is looking for reasons to deny your claim. Following these steps will protect your rights. Missing any of these steps can cause problems later on which can affect your rights to Workers Compensation Benefits. Do not discuss your Workers’ Compensation case with your employer, their legal representative or their insurance company.
The insurance companies are not your friends. Your employer may become your adversary. When you are injured by someone’s negligence or workplace discrimination or injury you are in a bad position. Make sure that your employer or large insurance companies do not take advantage of you. 401-721-2260
There are steps you can take to protect yourself.
- Let your lawyer help you navigate the complexity of Labor Law in Rhode Island. Make sure you call an experienced Workers Compensation lawyer. Bernard Healy has more than 30 years of experience helping Rhode Island Workers. He will protect your rights.
- Tell them to CONTACT YOUR ATTORNEY 401-721-2260
“After working for a large insurance defense firm, I decided that it was time to turn the tables and start helping employees- to start protecting your rights”
In Workers Compensation cases, attorney Healy’s fees for active representation are paid by the insurer. You will never be billed for that representation. If your workers compensation case is settled, that settlement will have to be approved by a Judge of the Workers Compensation Court. Attorney Healy then might be awarded a portion of the settlement as a fee. His fee is usually 20% of the settlement.
Start protecting your rights today
Your choice of lawyer is extremely important when you are injured by someone’s negligence or workplace discrimination or injury. Having practiced law for more than 30 years, I, attorney Bernard P. Healy, serve as the knowledgeable and trusted advocate that you need in these difficult situations.
I will fight to protect your rights and to make certain that your employer or large insurance companies do not take advantage of you. To discuss your case with an accomplished Rhode Island attorney, schedule a free initial consultation by calling my office at 401-721-2260 or contacting me online.
An Experienced Attorney With You Every Step of the Way
I pride myself on providing my clients with the personal attention that they need when they encounter tough legal matters. All of my clients are walked step by step through all of their legal options, and I provide them with guidance through all stages of their cases.
“I have compelled insurers to pay many times their offer and three times their policy limits.”
Thorough preparation is the cornerstone of my practice, and I prepare each and every case as though it will go to trial. This approach has led to many successes such as when I was able to obtain the largest workers’ compensation settlement in Rhode Island history for an injured client.
“I am passionate about fighting back for my clients.”
Contact a Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Attorney
When you need someone who will fight to protect your rights, look no further than The Law Office of Bernard P. Healy. To arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced Providence employment law attorney, call my office at 401-721-2260 or fill out this online form.