Car Accident Attorney, truck accident Attorney, motorcycle accident Attorney Help 401-721-2260
“Having been a partner in a large insurance defense firm, I know the tactics insurance companies use.
We get the BEST results for our clients.
Accidents are heartbreaking . Careless or accidental- Injuries can devistate your health and finances: When you are hurt or injured or when you have a car, motorcycle, pedestrian, truck accident in Rhode Island you need a lawyer to get you back on your feet. We get the BEST results for our clients.
Insurance companies are not your friend. Insurance companies are looking for ways to: delay payment, deny valid claims, offer unfair settlements. When you are hurt or injured or when you have a car, motorcycle, pedestrian, truck accident in Rhode Island you need a lawyer to get fair insurance and accident compensation payments and fight insurance company denials. 401-721-2260
You SHOULD have Un-Insured/Under-insured Motorist coverage. It is not expensive and can make all the difference to your ability to continue your life and to pay medical expenses. If the driver who caused your accident was Uninsured or Under-insured, you can often proceed against your own insurance company to collect uninsured motorist benefits. Regardless of fault, these benefits are designed to help you pay for your medical bills following the accident.
Most accidents are handled on a contingency fee basis. Attorney Healy is paid only when you receive money. Your medical bills are paid out of the proceeds of your case after the case is settled or you win in Court. 401-721-2260
Construction workers, Longshore, Ship workers, Nurses, aides, health care workers, Psychological injury claims, Undocumented workers, Warehouse, factory, industrial, office workers and Professionals, Employment contracts.
- BE POLITE, don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault, even if you think it was.
- DO NOT APOLOGIZE for anything at the scene. For example, if you say, “I’m so sorry I ran that red light! Is everyone okay?” you just admitted legal liability for what happened.
- DO NOT ADMIT GUILT unintentionally or unnecessarily. Immediately after an accident, it might not be clear who was at fault or more at fault.
- STATE ONLY THE FACTS, and limit your discussion of the accident to the police and your insurance agent and your Rhode Island lawyer -Attorney Bernard Healy 401-721-2260
After an accident follow these steps:
1. Stay at the Scene of a Car Accident, Truck Accident, Motorcycle Accident or Pedestrian Accident Never leave the accident scene until it’s appropriate to do so. If you leave, particularly where someone has sustained injuries or was killed, you can face serious criminal penalties for being a hit-and-run driver.
2. Check on All Drivers and Passengers Before assessing property damage, make sure everyone involved in the accident is okay. Get medical attention for anyone who needs it. If a person is unconscious or has neck or back pain, don’t move them until qualified medical help arrives, unless a hazard requires moving the person.
3. Call the Police If there’s significant property damage, physical injury, or death, you need to call the police. Ask that a police report be filed in situations where police officers arrive at the scene, and obtain the name and badge numbers of the responding officers.
4. Exchange Information DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Get the following information: names, , phone numbers, addresses, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, name of insurance company,If there are passengers, also obtain their names, numbers, and addresses
5. Talk to Witnesses Ask witnesses what he or she saw. 1.Get their names, 2. License Plate, 3. phone numbers 4. addresses. Ask locals if they’ve ever witnessed other accidents in the same place. Do not rely on police officers to do this for you. They are busy and not obligated to do this..
6. Inform Your Insurance Company Promptly tell your insurance company you’ve been in an accident. Cooperate with them and tell them the truth about what happened and the extent of your injuries. Explain the facts clearly. If the insurance company finds out that you’ve lied to them about anything, you can get into serious trouble, including possible denial of coverage for the accident. Obtain and review any police report filed, so you can point out who broke what traffic laws or who was at fault.
7. Keep Track of Your Medical Treatment Note any doctors, physical therapists, chiropractors, or other medical professionals that you receive treatment from, and each medical provider that referred you to other caregivers. Give a detailed account of the treatments or medications you receive to your Attorney. Your attorney will request copies of all medical reports and bills as these help you prove your medical expenses later.
Medical expenses are relatively easy to document, but pain and suffering is trickier to prove. Keep a record of how your injuries have impacted your daily life. Include any missed workdays, list any routine activities you can’t undertake, and describe how the injuries have affected your family life.
8. Take pictures Take photographs of any damage to your vehicle as soon as possible after the accident. Photos helps your insurance adjuster determine how much you should be compensated for the damage to your car and can help in court. Pictures of your car before the accident can offer a great “compare and contrast” to show the true extent of the damage sustained in the accident.
9. Get a Property Damage Valuation Obtain your insurance company’s damage valuation. If you aren’t satisfied with how your insurance company has valued your vehicle, don’t give up. Get two independent repair estimates or replacement quotes. Assertively inform the adjuster of your concerns. If you can’t agree on your car’s value, consider mediation or consult an attorney.
10. Use Caution in Discussing the Incident Don’t talk to anyone about the accident other than your lawyer, your insurance company, and the police. Don’t talk to a representative of another insurance company, without the knowledge of your attorney or insurer. If called by the other insurance company, be polite, but ask them to call your attorney or insurer to arrange an interview. Also, tell your lawyer or insurer about the call.
11. Be Wary of Early Settlement Offers Be careful if you’re offered a settlement from an insurance company. Confirm all your physical injuries have been treated. Some injuries don’t show up or reach their greatest level of discomfort until many days, weeks, or months later. Don’t settle a claim until you know you’ll be compensated for all your injuries, and consult attorney Healy before signing any settlement documents.
12. Hire an Attorney 401-721-2260
We get the BEST results for our clients.
Few cases reach a Courtroom BUT attorney Healy will, if necessary, take your case “all the way to Trial”. Insurance Companies know attorney Healy is ready to fight aggressively for you. 401-721-2260 When you are hurt or injured or when you have a car, motorcycle, pedestrian, truck accident in Rhode Island you need a lawyer to get you the fair insurance or accident compensation payments you deserve.
Car Accident Attorney, truck accident Attorney, motorcycle accident Attorney- Help- Healy
*Your medical bills are paid out of the proceeds of your case after the case is settled or you win in Court.