You do not pay for legal representation
in a Workers Compensation case.
WORKERS COMPENSATION ATTORNEY
Traumatic brain injuries TBI, Injuries to joints, Repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel, Respiratory injuries, Silicosis, Back and neck injuries, herniated discs, Acute injuries to shoulders and knees, ligament tears and strains, Non-traumatic occupational injuries, Post Traumatic Stress, PTSD
THIS IS THE LAW IN RHODE ISLAND
If you were hurt at work, you should be compensated for:
1. All of the medical costs related to your injury
2. Your weekly benefits as well as payment for scarring and loss of use
3. Your employer is also responsible for your rehabilitation and reinstatement.
NOTE: You do not pay for legal representation in a Workers Compensation case.
THESE ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Reasonable medical bills have to be paid, AND you have to be paid for scarring even if you did not miss any time from work.
- You may be required to be examined by a Doctor of your employer’s insurance company’s choosing
- You are entitled to use an attorney
- You should never sign anything without first consulting your attorney.
- Legal fees are usually paid by the insurance company or your employer.
- Never use the Doctor your employer suggests. USE YOUR OWN DOCTOR
- You are entitled to weekly compensation checks of 75% of your adjusted weekly net pay.
- You may be able to be reinstated to your old job.
- You should ONLY talk to your Lawyer about your case. 401-721-2260
“After working for a large insurance defense firm, I decided that it was time to turn the tables and start helping employees- to start protecting your rights”
401-721-2260 Start protecting your rights today.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Individuals and Union Representatives should Report the injury immediately to your supervisor or union representative.
- Fill out all forms required by your employer and be clear about what happened.
- Get immediate medical treatment FROM YOUR OWN Doctor.
- You are entitled to benefits if you miss work for 3 or more days.
- It is your employer’s responsibility to report your injury to the Insurance Company.
- CONTACT A RHODE ISLAND WORKERS COMPENSATION ATTORNEY 401-721-2260
In Workers Compensation cases, attorney Healy’s fees for active representation are paid by the insurer. You will never be billed for that representation. If your workers compensation case is settled, that settlement will have to be approved by a Judge of the Workers Compensation Court. Attorney Healy then might be awarded a portion of the settlement as a fee. His fee is usually 20% of the settlement.
KNOW THE LAW
Workforce Regulations and Safety >LABOR STANDARDS
Workers Compensation Employee Rights Discrimination Whistle blower Injury Hurt Help Rhode Island Legal Help
Your choice of lawyer is extremely important when you are injured by someone’s negligence or workplace discrimination or injury. Having practiced law for more than 30 years, I, attorney Bernard P. Healy, serve as the knowledgeable and trusted advocate that you need in these difficult situations.
I will fight to protect your rights and to make certain that your employer or large insurance companies do not take advantage of you. To discuss your case with an accomplished Rhode Island attorney, schedule a free initial consultation by calling my office at 401-721-2260 or contacting me online.
An Experienced Attorney With You Every Step of the Way
I pride myself on providing my clients with the personal attention that they need when they encounter tough legal matters. All of my clients are walked step by step through all of their legal options, and I provide them with guidance through all stages of their cases.
“I have compelled insurers to pay many times their offer and three times their policy limits.”
Thorough preparation is the cornerstone of my practice, and I prepare each and every case as though it will go to trial. This approach has led to many successes such as when I was able to obtain the largest workers’ compensation settlement in Rhode Island history for an injured client.
I apply this same approach to all of my clients’ cases, whether the legal matter is involving personal injury,workers’ compensation, employment law.
“I am passionate about fighting back for my clients.”
Contact a Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Attorney
When you need someone who will fight to protect your rights, look no further than The Law Office of Bernard P. Healy. To arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced Providence employment law attorney, call my office at 401-721-2260 or fill out this online form.